Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday morning. I've had an eventful weekend to say the least. Friday evening began in a bad way. Witnessing an accident is NOT the way to open any weekend. Still trying to remove the scene from my mind. But that wasn't the part of the evening that really got to me.

This is it:

People are sick.
They gather around crash scenes, standing on their toes, craning their necks to get a better view as though they're on some episode of CSI. This morbid sense of curiousity really sickens me. What is wrong with some people? Worse than that, laughing is not an appropriate response! What sane person see's someone lying on the ground, clearly injured, and then laughs??! I don't understand society and the violent things that seem to attract people.

I won't ever forget that night. Won't forget the boy's face as he realizes he has knocked someone or his reaction after the calm of the shock has subsided. Won't forget the terrror in his eyes that reminded me of some animal instinct that we think we've lost. I won't forget that if I was a metre forward, it could have very well been me lying on the ground.

..Love Starchild*

No comments:

Post a Comment