Wednesday, April 21, 2010

For my sister*

You are insignificant until you step forward.
You are invisible until you speak.
You are who you are - and that's good enough.
Sixteen.
Too old to be a kid and too young to be an adult.
You haven't formed any solid opinions about yourself, the people or the world around you.
Remember who you are at this moment - write her name down on a page, the things she likes and the things she dislikes, write down her best moment and her worst, write down all the words that describe her. Trace her image in your imagination.
Do it because I promise she will change. She'll grow into someone else.
The world will transform her.
She'll have more than a voice - she'll have incredible words to say.
She'll think incredible thoughts and she'll want to do incredible things.
She'll find more strength and courage inside her than she knew was there.

I love you more than you know.
I carry a piece of you wherever I go.
I won't be with you but I'll always guide you.
xx

Happy Birthday*

No comments:

Post a Comment