Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dream a dream with me, dream a dream and be free*

Do dreams change? Do they adapt and grow with you? Or do they start to disappear and eventually crumble away? Are dreams either realized or eroded? Can they not live forever? Do dreams give us something to look forward to, in false sense of security kind of way? Is dreaming arrogant in that tomorrow isn't promised to anyone and yet, we all plan not only for it, but plan tomorrows entirely? Do we make our dreams out of our own thought? Or are they moulded by the world we grow up in? Do people dream as an escape? Do dreams work as an escape, or do they just give the illusion of escaping?

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." Edgar Allen Poe.

I dream therefore I begin to see, I begin to see therefore I understand more, I understand more therefore I grow. I grow therefore I am alive. I am alive therefore I dream.

1 comment: