Sunday, May 23, 2010

I wrote a thousand words today. A thousand. And then I held down the delete key and watched the letters disappear from the screen. I wrote in verse, I made comparisons, created images, counted syllables and rhymed sentences. I wrote about how much I loved you, about all the things you said that made me love you more, about what I loved most.

When I was done writing, I looked at all the words and realized something.

My most beautiful sentences weren't as beautiful as the sound of your voice in the morning.
The rhythmic verses I recited didn't beat as fast as my heart did whenever it heard you say my name. The images I tried to breathe life into couldn't explain how alive you made me feel. So I wrote a thousand words and then, I held down the delete key and erased them. I replaced them with the truth.

I love you.
I want to be with you always.
I miss you.
My love for you overrides all the fear I have over loving you.
I would give up anything to have you.
..I love you beyond reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment