Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Last day of being 18*


Tomorrow I turn 19. Up until now, it didn't seem like that much of a deal. But I've been thinking about the year I've had since my last birthday and 18 was definitely a year to remember. It was probably my hardest year. I grew up in so many ways and learnt so much more - about myself especially. I feel like I found who I am and I began to release her into the world. I pulled myself out of a darkness I thought would always be with me. I lost some friends, made new ones, loved and let go, cried more than I ever have and forced myself to move on. I came to Rhodes and something changed inside me. I'm happy to grow up. I'm happy that 18 is over and that 19 is here. If ever I was sure that I wanted to write, it's right now.

The stars that I watched from my window at home, are the same stars I watch through my window here but they look completely different all the time. Life is similar. Everything depends on which window you're looking out of. So if you don't like the view, move to another window. I found a new window. The stars are brighter, closer, louder...

So another year ends. :) Goals for this year: smile more. work harder. do something new. find someone new. love. learn. be happy and grow.

..Love Starchild*

No comments:

Post a Comment