Saturday, August 7, 2010

Change.

I can't remember the last time I was itchy from rolling in the grass.
I can't remember the last time I was underwater.
I can't remember the last time I lay in the sun and read a book.
I can't remember the last time I smelt the moisture in the air before a big thunderstorm.
I can't remember the last time I saw lightning.
I can't remember the last time I felt my lungs burn from running too hard.
It was so long ago.

I remember the last time I smiled so much my cheeks hurt.
I remember the last time I danced thinking of nothing but the music.
I remember the last time I felt the rain on my face.
I remember the last time I walked to town staring at the stars.
I remember the last time I cried because I was so happy.
I remember the last time I tried to write and all I could get out was 'I love him'.
It was just a moment ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment