Thursday, February 17, 2011

Scared.

I'm scared to try. 

Many failures in different areas have made me afraid.

I'm afraid to go to University because I might fail.

I'm afraid to get close to someone because they might leave.

I'm afraid to give it my all because I might come up short.

I know that I have much to offer.

But I'm scared to try.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if you won't admit it, I know you're the exact same. We're conditioned that way. We hate failing. The world we live in is about all the success. Every day everyone is striving for excellence and that's culminated into all of us being afraid of failing. And when you try and voice it, you get the same response, don't let opportunities pass you by because you were afraid or (it pains me to type this) "Fear is temporary, regret is forever." 

Yeah well, take your peppy optimism and drown it. You know what I think - you have to be afraid. Fear is natural. It connects with the earliest of our human roots. It's one of those primitive emotions that connects us with everything else. And failing? What could be more natural than not being able to accomplish something? 
After all success would be meaningless without it.
so when you fail, feel good knowing you not only tried but you also sort of contributed to someone else's success :P

No comments:

Post a Comment