Thursday, March 3, 2011

Earth Hour. Support the initiative.

I promise you a day will come when our children and grandchildren will look back and they'll ask one of two questions. Either they will ask, "What in God's name were they doing? Didn't they see the evidence? Were they too blinded and numb, to take a deep breath and look at the reality of what we're facing? Did they think all the scientists were wrong? What were they thinking?” Or, they may look back and they'll say, "How did they find the uncommon moral courage to rise above and do what some said was impossible?" - Al Gore
Cape mountains, South Africa

Rising sun in Natal, South Africa
I won't write a long, patronizing post about global warming or our careless destruction of the planet. There isn't anything I can say that you don't already know. You've heard the facts, you've read the articles. I just want you to see how beautiful this planet is. How full of colour and life she is, how she supports and nurtures everything to life. I may not be religious, but I do have a god. I call her Mother Nature. 

It's time to give back to the planet that has given us so much. 
Do something. Anything. 
Support Earth Hour. 
26th March. 
Wherever you are.

When the world is dark and we've stopped our noise, we'll see the stars and hear the conversation of the universe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment