Friday, March 4, 2011

Remember Me

Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality - Emily Dickinson 
My dearest love,

If I could promise you only one thing, give you only one gift, it would be this...

That I will remember everything about us for the rest of my life.
I will remember you when I wake up, when I fall asleep, when someone smiles at me and I know that your smile is the only one I really want to see.
I won't forget the warmth of your skin or the quiet ring of love in your voice or rhythm of your soft breath against my neck when you're asleep..

I will remember that falling in love with you is the second best thing that's ever happened to me.
The first is you falling in love with me.
Love is like a shimmering mist that you don't see until it is all around you and even when it has passed, you can feel the moisture on your skin.

If I have learned nothing else, then at least this that our lives are incredibly fragile and our world is not as fixed as we would like to hope it is. The time I may promise you, isn't my time to promise. 

But I can promise this, that I will remember you forever. Long after the mist is gone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment