Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bad hair days and deadlines make me happy.

‎"Death toll reaches 14 358 and 11 889 unaccounted for in the wake of the quake-tsunami disaster in Japan."

I read that yesterday on a Japanese news website.

I wish I could pin point my emotions at that moment. I wish could even comprehend that many people, that kind of pain. The only word I can think of, is overwhelming.

Suddenly, my life didn't seem so stressful and difficult any more. Suddenly, I was unbelievably happy that my problems extended only to bad hair days and missing deadlines.

I know a lot of people who don't read the news because it frustrates, annoys, depresses and angers them. But I think, once in a while, it's good to pull your head out from the sand and take a look around.

It all comes down to one thing: Perspective.

The next time you're going through something and you can't find anything that makes you feel good about your life, read the news. I guarantee that someone somewhere is having a worse day, a day you can't imagine having to go through. Put your problems into perspective. Things could be a lot worse and though you may not feel like it at the moment, you are extraordinarily lucky and blessed.

Keep reminding yourself of that.

Peace. ♥ ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment