Saturday, May 28, 2011

On pretentious bitches, drunk texting and incest

This is my disclaimer. This post is a rant. I don't normally use my blog for such but I shall make an exception. Feel free to add your comments - agreeing or disagreeing (the latter at your own risk). Please do read other posts before you judge the blog. She shouldn't be punished for my crimes. 

There are these two females in my life - not because I want them there, but because I was a ruthless woman in my last life and the universe is simply performing its karmic duty. 

Most times I can be civil about them. I can contain the need to break something every time I hear their names. But sometimes. Sometimes I honestly think that in the next 4 to 5 years, I will spend a small amount of time in a correctional service facility for grievous bodily harm. (I say small because I live in South Africa and assault doesn't stack up to much time in the slammer.

I used to wonder how one becomes so pretentious, deceitful and careless. I have decided that the only plausible cause is brain damage from all the hair dye, make up and heat from hair straighteners. What really baffles me now, is how easily such girls attract men, how easily men are drawn into the casual flirting and "cuteness". (Later on, when they are rejected, then men see the other side. This is often a source of great amusement for me.) Maybe it's because such girls are all too willing to fuck anything that moves and so, men don't really care..

One particularly raucous night out (it unfortunately being one of the times when I wanted nothing more than to have them go underwater and wait until I counted to a million) I decided that said girls needed to hear exactly what I thought of them. Not being in possession of their numbers, I resorted to a strongly worded message on Facebook. In my infinite drunkenness wisdom, I sent the messages to wrong people and I had to apologise profusely the next day. When I read those messages now, I realise that I am more angry at how easily loved such girls are, than I am at the girls themselves. 

For a while I forgot about the existence of these two girls, until recently when funnily enough (so unfunny) they both made a simultaneous reappearance in my life. I wish I could say I handled it much better but I can't. The only positive thing that came out of it, was reaffirmation of who I am. When you think your beauty can get you everywhere, when your head is full of money, when you use people and then aren't there for them in return, when you lie and hurt people for your own benefit, when you're careless, selfish and vapid - you miss out too many things. 

You miss out on having someone love you entirely, know every little bit of you and still want you, you miss out on seeing the world as more than just a ladder of success that you beat your way up, you learn that some people stand behind a thousand walls and it takes genuine trust and care to get to the beautiful person inside. 

So you can live your life the way you're doing it now and I will still want to severely injure you, but I can close my eyes and be a more colourful, smarter, open person than you ever will. 

So here's to kissing-cousins-arrogant-vapid-lying-worst-friend-in-the-world girls.. Have a good one, ladies. 

Peace ♥ ♥ ♥


6 comments:

  1. I love it! Awesome!
    Deep - Truth - Wisdom - Bold!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed reading your post!Brought back many memories.Seems time haven't changed much!Of course there are plenty of females who knowingly behave despicably and men will be men!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the times will ever change.
    Thanks so much :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post :) Props
    xx

    ReplyDelete