Sunday, March 18, 2012

Simply beautiful..*


I was reading a philosophy essay called Death by Thomas Nagel and it puts forward the suggestion that despite your experiences and circumstances, it is good to be alive. And as I lay there thinking about it, a RHCP's song came on called Around the World and even though I normally can't hear a single damn word of that song, I heard "Life is beautiful!". I'm not one for cosmic or divine signs, but if that isn't a message then I just don't know any more.

Whenever I feel overwhelmed or sad, I take a deep breath and feel my heart beat, strong and steady and I know that life is good enough. Life is what it is and just quietly, it can absolutely blow sometimes..  but just be happy, it's just not worth the effort to be sad.

Happy Sunday everyone! There are only two more weeks of term left and then, it's time for Easter break. I can't believe it's here already.

Love,
Star*

Sunday afternoon. Sitting in the sun, preparing for the week, absolutely in love with my life. :) 'Here I am, a bundle of past recollections and future dreams, knotted up in a reasonable attractive bundle of flesh.' - Sylvia Plath

2 comments:

  1. Yes, life is sometimes sad but it is always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always maintained that, but then I think, what if I was standing on the other side of the fence? What if it was MY life that was sad, would I be able to call it beautiful? - And sad in the most extreme sense of the word.


    Star*

    ReplyDelete