Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Untitled.


I spend 
my time dreaming 
dreaming of you, 
of me, 
actually of us. 
In my mind, I can see your face 
clear and beautiful. 
In all that I do, 
I find 
you. 

You make me 
in no uncertain terms: 
happy. 
Joyous. 
Ecstatic. 
I become a white flower 
drifting 
from the sky. 
No fear, always floating 
but never finding the ground. 

Love: that's what they call it, 
they, 
those people who look on 
at us 
but one word, not even 
that word 
can make them understand. 
Lovers are fools who believe in 
dreams. 
I live in my dream. 

Like rain's embrace, 
you cover me. 
Protect me and 
make me feel 
... 
safe. 
Though I never thought that 
possible. 
I have been running, 
running forever. 
And with you, I 
stand still. still. 
still in love, 
still in love with you, 
still in love with you always. 

And if you hear these words 
and stay..then know that 
I hold you 
in my 
soul. 
You inspire in me 
freedom 
from myself. 
And you give me 
new dreams filled 
with an 
old love.

No comments:

Post a Comment