Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Favourite word: Shopping. Second favourite word: SALE.

I've learnt two very important things in my time away from home as a student.

1. Good style has nothing to do with how expensive your clothes are. 

2. If you find something you love and the price tag is out of your range, you can ALWAYS find a cheaper version somewhere if you look hard enough. 

I've been meaning to buy a new pair of winter shoes for a while now and last week, a friend of mine mentioned that she saw great shoes in town. So this morning, I decided to take a walk down High Street first thing in the morning.

At first I went into all the usual places I shop for shoes. When I was a kid living with my parents, I would walk in, see something I liked, find my size and mother or father dearest would pay. Now those places would cost me half of my monthly allowance. These days, I have to do little mental calculations for my budgeting. And the fear of hearing "Your card has been declined..." has become very real.

So you can imagine my delight when I found these *gorgeous* shoes today for R80,00. EIGHTY. My average pair back home would cost me over R300,00.


And what made me even happier was that on my way home, I saw a similar pair in the window at another store with a much higher price tag. Bargain and vintage shopping doesn't mean your look will be cheap and old, it's all about how you wear what you wear. 

Anyway, that's all my advice and preaching for the day -- on to what I had on the rest of me. Sheer tops are an absolute fave, but I especially like this one because of the lace detail at the top. (I also got this top on a bargain, it has a little red mark on the sleeve so it was marked down... :D ) 



When I add this to the 1.4km swim I had this morning and the Skype chat I had with the boyfie, it's been a pretty good day. Hope everyone had a good day too! Sweet dreams darlings....

Loves and kisses.

Star*

No comments:

Post a Comment