Monday, January 28, 2013

Across the universe...

Okay, not quite the universe but it was a long journey across the ocean all the way to Perth, WA to see my absolute fave person in the world. On a chilly Saturday morning, he met me in the airport at 2am for what was to be the most amazing month and a half of my life.

Now that all the excitement is over and I'm back in not-as-sunny Natal, I am here to tell you all about it. First things first. If you're new here, this is my boyfriend, Jayd. We've been long distance for about two and a half years now. He's in Australia, I'm in South Africa, somehow we make it work.


This holiday was something of an experiment for us to see if we could actually live together and not kill each other. And it went pretty well I think all things considered. (Some threats were made but we resolved things before they went too far. :P)

After all those years making fun of South Africans who moved to Australia (and while I was there I realised  the full extent of it, every second person I met was an ex-South African!) I FINALLY UNDERSTAND. Australia is so damn amazing! The beaches were beautiful, the weather was great (too hot, I'll admit but great otherwise) and the city. oh my hat. the city. I am definitely a city girl. There were vintage pop up shops everywhere I looked! Multiple orgasms I tell you. One such shop is Neon Pony

They had stunning collections and the store was so wonderfully colourful and happy. 

 


This was a gorgeous little dress that I found but alas
the finances would not allow for such a purchase. Silly exchange rates. 








The store that I went to was in Northbridge but according to their page, the store has moved. I am definitely going to look them up the next time I'm in sunny Australia. :D And you should too! And maybe buy me a little something... ;)

Love, 
Star* xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment