Friday, February 22, 2013

Migrating from Blogger to Wordpress

I'm moving! :D

YAAAAY!

Don't worry, it'll be a while before I completely leave Blogger. I'm still working my way through Wordpress and trying to make sure I've done everything right. There are so many things to think about... SEO, 301 redirecting, blah blah blah. My head hurts.But for now, here is my new site. :)

www.starlitcorner.wordpress.com

I hope that you will follow me on my journey. Thank you for all the support for the past 3 years!

Lots of love
Star*

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I have been mulling this idea over for ages! I'm terrified of losing followers! Do they all transfer with the import? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sam :)

      That was my biggest concern too! Unfortunately your followers collected on Google Friend Connect don't transfer. The import only takes your posts, users and comments. But it is possible to redirect traffic from Blogger to Wordpress so if a follower tries to access your blog, they'll just automatically connect to the new one :D

      I have to tell you though, since I moved over (and it's only been like two days) I already have brand new traffic! The Wordpress user base is enormous. And it has automatic sharing capabilities that Blogger doesn't - like posting to your Facebook or Twitter or something.

      Thank you so much! Don't hesitate to pop me an email if you want to know any more. Have a lovely weekend.

      Star :) xx

      Delete